Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

I woke up a little bit early and no creatures were stirring, not even a mouse. I decided it would be a good time to take a ride and maybe go get a coffee, so I headed to the local Dunkin Donuts.  This morning was the first time in years that it was actually open on December 25th, but the line of cars was wrapped around the building 3 times and out onto and down the street.  I don't have that kind of patience and headed across the street to the gas station where the coffee is just as good, cheaper, and you can make it how you like it. Of course the draw back is instead of being waited on by attractive young people who are genuinely happy to see me, I was greeted by an older gentleman (this is relative - I myself am an older gentleman) who had jowls so long that they were tucked into his shirt pocket to keep them out of the way.

There were only a couple cars at the gas station - one of them being a police car. As I entered the building, there was an officer looking at me and the first words out of his mouth were, "Holy shit!  This would be a great time to rob Dunkin Donuts."  Not exactly what I expected to hear from a uniformed officer on what can be percieved as the holiest of days for millions, even billions of people.

I had on a pair of untied boots, jeans, a leather bike jacket, a tee shirt, and a cap pulled down to my ears to hide my scruffy, uncombed hair.  I probably needed a shave too.  He had a gun.  I'm not sure how long ago it was that he had a psych test and whenever it was, I don't even know if he passed it, so I didn't waste any time getting my coffee and then getting on my way.

I think I'll keep an eye on the police news to see if there was, by any chance,  a robbery at the local Dunkin Donuts on Christmas day, 2010.

No comments: