Sunday, June 27, 2010

Boulder Creek California

Passed over head a copper dragon,
On a breeze of Redwood height.
Floating golden light to the carpet,
Shimmering thoughts filled my sight.





I recently took a trip out to California to visit my sister and also to drop off a birthday present to her. It's not that I don't like buying gifts, it's more like I just never go shopping, so it ends up that I never buy gifts. I usually put it off till it's too late and then, well, it's too late.


To give you an idea, the last time I bought her a birthday gift was approximately 30 years ago. At least I'm consistent year after year! Well, this year turned out a little different, I did get her something and then flew a few thousand miles to hand deliver it. Without going in to too much detail, I got her a replacement 1982 high school yearbook and had some of her classmates sign it. She lost her original one to a thief many many, many years ago. I guess I have 30 years to figure out what to get her next time.

Anyhow, the trip was excellent and we had a lot of fun. We did some things and we spent some time not doing anything. I took a lot of pictures, but to be honest, I don't really know how to display them here without just having a bunch of pictures posted. I did notice two things on my first day there: 1) There were a lot of signs, and 2) The trees were very tall.


Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs
Blockin' up the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign









.


No comments: