Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Birth of A Poem

How do you write a poem? I don't know.  Is a poem created or written? I think starting is probably the hardest part, so I am going to write something here. I am going to write whatever comes to mind and write it as quickly as it comes to mind. No do-overs. Ready?

Like a falling bomb
barding my mind
caught in the race
killing time
fragile moments
caught with a stare
caught a glimpse of
you over there
looking at me
looking at you
looking at me
what do I do
my heart begins racing
the moment is here
the time is right now
my motive's not clear
crescendo of thoughts
splitting my mind
words spilt on paper
tend be blind


Well, it is what it is I guess.

I'll come back in a few days and re-read it, maybe try to make it into something, maybe leave it. I like the fact that it doesn't matter.







.

1 comment:

Linzy said...

did you ever come back?


New London

when you left we came
after you
station wagon, safely
buckled in
the YMCA in New London
two worlds away
i coveted your escape.

why didn't you take me?

long blond hair and
a resolute posture.

no hanky in your pocket

proud

you weren't coming back.
not really.


xx